I have a seen a lot of bad diagrams and schematics for collaboration and workflow, I am sure you have too. Here is one I like but it’s basis in I Ching. The reason I like this depiction is that
- It has a globe behind it, so it looks “global”
- It has steps or phases as roman numerals (labels)
- It has numbers for a sequence of operations
- It has a touch color, but not a lot.
- The color appears to highlight states that are “important” (red docs)
While the rectangles appear to be documents, making this look useful and familiar, in fact they are I Ching symbols.